Welcome to Heritage-Patrimoine Cornwall
146 Chevrier Avenue
This former Nativity School is the last remaining structure of three which comprised the site of Francophone schools of the Nativity Parish. Since the 1920's, this building has served the education needs of numerous generations of Cornwall Francophone families. The designation of this site acts as a recognition of the important role it has served up to its closure as a school in 1996.
The architectural features includes a fine example of Institutional Edwardian Classical (1900-1930) style, and prominent front brick façade on original portion of the school. The combination of pilasters, capitals, pediments, and brick embellishments along with the symmetry of mass along with the stone banding and pediments echoes create a style once popular in the east end of Cornwall.