Welcome to Heritage-Patrimoine Cornwall
Minutes from our committee meetings
Heritage-Patrimoine Cornwall Meeting
Thurs. Nov. 7, 2019 - Cornwall Public Library
Present Joan Gaudreau Ginette Guy Sophie Jean Sean Lee Don Smith Absent: Debbie Ledoux (Chair) Maurice Dupelle Carole Libbey Aleida Sturkenboom
City Rep: Karl Doyle
- Approval of Agenda and Approval of Minutes from Oct. 3rd, 2019; moved by J. Gaudreau, seconded by D. Smith
- Remarks/Correspondence – Nil
- Treasurer’s Report- Not available4. Business Arising
- Cornwall Room Volunteer Schedule Wed. 2-4 – not availableHistoric Square Mile - Committee Members met with City reps on Oct. 10th to discuss a plan to recognize the original square mile with signs. S. Jean will prepare proposals for the sign design. The Committee recommends that the wording on the signs be “Historical Square Mile Historique”
- Library Tiny Forest - Transition Cornwall will be planting shrubs and low level trees along the east wall of the Library in the Spring. Heritage Cornwall will be donating a bench in accordance with the City’s recommended design with a commemorative plaque. The Committee agrees to proceed with this project at a higher cost than originally proposed.
- Updating Plaques for Designated Properties - Captain MacDonald’s House and Wood House Museum To be discussed at next meeting
- SD&G Historical Society to make a presentation on the need to celebrate Cornwall’s Industrial background to City Council in November. - no further details
4. New Business
- Heritage Fair to be held Sat. Feb. 22nd at Cornwall Square Insurance to be obtained and historical/heritage associations advised.
- Heritage Awards – 2020 Recipients Discussed possible recipients
- Commemorative Plaques for heritage non-designated properties A local resident has inquired about installing a plaque on his property at his expense.
The Committee discussed the need to establish some standards. S. Jean will prepare proposals for the sign design.
5. Christmas Luncheon to be set.
Next Meeting – Jan. 9thth, 2020
Adjournment – 7:22 pm