Welcome to Heritage-Patrimoine Cornwall
Minutes from our committee meetings
Heritage-Patrimoine Cornwall Meeting
Thurs. Dec 3, 2020 - Virtual ZOOM Meeting
Present: Joan Gaudreau Ginette Guy Debbie Ledoux (Chair)
Sophie Jean Carole Libbey Don Smith
Absent: Maurice Dupelle Sean Lee Aleida Sturkenboom
City Rep: Karl Doyle (absent)
1. Call to order – 6:35 pm
2. Approval of Agenda and Minutes from Nov. 5th Virtual Zoom meeting moved by J. Gaudreau, seconded by C. Libbey
3. Correspondence – have received CHO News online and membership renewal forms.
4. Treasurer’s Report: C. Libbey The report for November was emailed to members. The closing balance as of Dec. 3rd is $23, 844. There is an O/S invoice from the City relating to the Tiny Forest bench and garbage can in the amount of $3,177
5. Business Arising
a) Historic Square Mile- Signage Design: Karl Doyle D. Ledoux to determine if any High Schools art classes intend to submit designs for the signs. If there are no acceptable entries, it was agreed to hire an artist.
c) Tiny Forest-Bench: J. Gaudreau has received 2 quotes for a Heritage sign: Cornwall City Press and the Trophy Shop. Have requested a smaller design from the later.
d) Heritage Fair: D. Smith has coordinated 13 interviews for broadcast on Cogeco. - D. Ledoux has booked the Cornwall Square for Feb. 20th. Because of restrictions, the Fair would be held in the former Le Chateau store.
e) Commemorative Plaques for non-designated properties - D. Ledoux and C. Libbey have drafted criteria for approval. G. Guy has drafted an application form for interested homeowners. - Plaque Design – it was agreed to have rectangular plaques with gold lettering on a black background from the Trophy Shop. - House owners to pay 75% and Heritage Cornwall to pay 25% of the cost; moved by J. Gaudreau, seconded by D. Ledoux.
- S. Jean to have a plaque made for her house.
6. New Business
a) Capital Theatre Artifacts: G. Guy reported that the new Arts and Culture Centre have reviewed the artifacts for incorporation into the architectural design.
7. Square Mile Houses worthy of designation: Reviewed 2 houses on Gloucester St. with interesting architectural attributes.
8. Next Meeting – Thurs. January 7, 2021
9. Adjournment - 7:55 pm