Welcome to Heritage-Patrimoine Cornwall
Minutes from our committee meetings
Heritage-Patrimoine Cornwall Meeting
Thurs. Feb 4, 2021 - Virtual ZOOM Meeting
Present: Joan Gaudreau Ginette Guy Debbie Ledoux (Chair)
Sophie Jean Carole Libbey Don Smith
Absent: Maurice Dupelle Sean Lee Aleida Sturkenboom
City Rep: Kaveen Fernando
Visitor: Chris Granger
1. Call to order – 6:35 pm
2. Approval of Agenda and Minutes from Jan. 7th meeting moved by J. Gaudreau, seconded by C.
3. Correspondence – Nil
4. Treasurer’s Report: C. Libbey The report for January was emailed to members. The closing
balance as of Feb. 1st is $19,827. The 2021 Budget has been approved by the City.
Approval of the report was moved by C. Libbey, seconded by J. Gaudreau.
5. Business Arising
a) Historic Square Mile Signage Design: K. Fernando
Through the Chamber of Commerce, BMR-MFG designed and provided the BIA signs.
K. Fernando will contact BMR-MFG to obtain cost estimate for 8 signs for the four corners of the
square mile, as well as suggested size.
b) Tiny Forest-Bench: The plaque for the bench has been received from Cornwall City Press. It will
be installed when weather is warmer.
c) Heritage Fair: D. Smith reported on broadcasts on Cogeco
- series is being well-received
- 15 second Facebook commercial has been viewed more than 2,400 times ranking as the 8th most
watched YourTV Cornwall videos over last 4 years - Cogeco will produce five three minute highlights on Facebook and Youtube in the 5th week.
d) Commemorative Plaques for non-designated properties: D. Ledoux/ S. Jean
- application form has been completed for a house at 307 Sydney built ca 1937 for a lawyer in
Georgian Revival style. A draft plaque will be prepared and submitted
- Locomotive 17; Committee discussed the issue of the City deciding to give the locomotive to
Smith Falls; the City must submit its historic designation for repeal
6. New Business
a) Land Registry Offices Closures: G. Guy: details on accessing in next CHO newsletter
search on historical records is free and all others at a nominal fee
b) Meeting Attendance: discussed an issue in view of the Terms of Reference 5 c)
“Members shall attend all scheduled meetings. Members who miss four or more meetings in a
year without cause will be removed from the committee”.
c) Heritage Awards 2021 Candidates
discussed possible candidates for 1 residential and 1 business award
7. Next Meeting – Thurs. Mar. 4th, 2021
8. Adjournment – 8:20 pm