Welcome to Heritage-Patrimoine Cornwall
Minutes from our committee meetings
Heritage-Patrimoine Cornwall Meeting
Wed. Oct 6, 2021 - Virtual ZOOM Meeting
Present: Joan Gaudreau Ginette Guy Sophie Jean Debbie Ledoux (Chair)
Carole Libbey Don Smith
Absent: Aleida Sturkenboom Chantal Tranchemontagne
City Councillor: Denis Carr
City Rep: Alex Gatien
1. Call to Order – 5:35 pm
2. Approval of Agenda & Minutes from Sept. 9th meeting moved by J. Gaudreau, seconded
by S. Jean.
3. Correspondence: E-mail from City Clerk regarding Vaccination Policy and Mandate.
4. Treasurer’s Report: C. Libbey Approval of the report with changes was moved by C.
Libbey, seconded by J. Gaudreau.
5. Business Arising
a) Heritage Fair 2022: D. Ledoux & D. Smith
Discussed possibility of Virtual Program in February and Live Program in April
The Benson Centre will be approached about having space at no cost.
- interview with Stuart Manson on recent books; digitization program with E. Duncan.
- Presentations on antique gas pumps, old dolls. History of former Synagogue
- Updates from 2020 presenters
b) Historic Square Mile Signage Design Quotes: S. Jean
No further update. Have received quote of $600 from J. McNamara.
c) Cornwall Room (Library): The Cornwall Room has been cleaned. The Committee has
been given permission to use the room for 1 hour on any day of the week.
Note to be put on Website on need to book appointments.
d) Capital City Artifacts: D. Ledoux emailed the City about relocating the artifacts from
the Library; no response yet. A. Gatien will follow-up.
e) Maple Grove Cemetery Designation: G. Guy
Work has started on cleaning head stones and has requested quotes for repairs. Intent
is to submit a request for a grant.
6. New Business
a) Accessibility of Heritage Buildings Virtual Conference Oct. 20th
G. Guy and D. Ledoux to attend
b) Changes to Ont. Heritage Act
Tool Kits will be online only, it is not yet available
c) Ont. Heritage Conference to be held in Brockville in 2022
Next Meeting – Nov. 3rd, 2021 at 5:30 pm
7. Adjournment – 6:35 pm