Welcome to Heritage-Patrimoine Cornwall
Cline House 208 Second St. East
This two storey residence was erected in the late 1850s for Samuel Cline, a prosperous and prominent Cornwall merchant and businessman. It remained in the Cline family for many years and in 1955 was sold to the Cornwall Public Library Board. It has served as the city's library for over 20 years, until the opening of the new location corner of Second and Sydney Streets.
This generously proportioned and solidly built-red brick structure was for many years one of the finest residences in Cornwall. While it has undergone many alterations and changes, its symmetrical exterior facades and its interior ceiling, denote the superior craftsmanship of its construction.
The property was recently purchased, restored and is now operating as an art gallery/studio. www.clinehousegallery.com